- Grate the lemon and press its juice. Set aside
- Cut the top of every orange and carefully carve the inside completely.
- Put all the pulp and juice collected in a bowl. Reserve the hollowed oranges and their “hats”.
- Make a little hole on the “hats” and insert 1 bay leaf on each “hat”. Once this is done for all of them, put the “hats” and the coops in the freezer… they will later be used to serve the sorbet.
- With a hand blender, wiz the orange pulp to liquidise it completely. Set aside.
- Peel, core and finely chop the apples. Add it to the liquidised orange and blend again.
- In a deep pan put the sugar, the lemon juice and zest. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the stove, leave to cool for 10 minutes and add the liquidised orange & apple mix and the Fanta
- With a spatula, stir to mix. Taste and add more sugar or lemon if it not sufficient to your taste.
- Now pour the mix in a big freezer bowl and put it on the top shelf of the freezer. Check it in an hour
- After the hour has passed, bring the bowl out of the freezer and with a folk or with the hand blender, break the granules of ice starting to form. Once it is smooth. Put the bowl back in the freezer.
- Repeat step 6 every hour trice. The sorbet should be ready then. It is ready to serve in the hollowed orange shells.