Friday 3 April 2015

Cherry tomatoes


I was walking minding my own business then I ended up at the fruit and veg’s market…
Saw a beautiful bowl of mixed coloured cherry tomatoes… I couldn’t resist though I had yet no idea about what I was going to do with them.

Since I had already planned my week’s food, the tomatoes could be spoilt by the time I got round to doing something with them so, I just seasoned and roasted them to make a conserve.

The roasted tomatoes will later be used as accompaniment for some stir fry dishes, salads or sandwiches.


Ingredients:

·         1kg tomatoes
·         100g white onion quartered
·         50g garlic cut
·         1 teaspoon black pepper
·         1 tea spoon oregano
·         1 scallion
·         3 Maggi cubes crushed
·         100ml olive oil

 Mix all in the oven tray and place in the oven at 200C for 1hour 30 minutes…

Don’t forget to check from time to time to avoid it burning. No need to add water as the tomatoes will produce the necessary liquid during the roasting.

Bon appetit!

Once it is done, leave to cool down, then, spoon into a jar and use as needed. This will keep in the fridge for 3 weeks. Enjoy!

Roasted and ready for the jar

No comments:

Post a Comment