Brunch for 3
- 400g button white mushrooms
- 50g dairy free butter
- Small bunch of curly parsley
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tomato
- 1 small onion
- 1 small green chilly
- 2 spring of fresh thyme
- ½ vegetable stock
- 3 medium potatoes
- Grated Brazil nuts – for dusting
- Mushrooms: Cut the foot of the mushrooms and peel by hand the outer layer of the caps. Rinse and set aside.
- Onion & Garlic: peel and chop separately.
- Tomato and small green chilli: chop and set aside.
- Curly parsley: finely chop.
- Stock: crush and set aside.
- Potatoes: peel, grate (the long way), and squeeze the water out, pepper & salt.
2. Throw in the mushrooms with a bit of salt, stir and cover for 10 minutes until the mushrooms have rendered all the water.
3. Now add the tomato, chilli, herbs and crushed stock. Stir-fry while the latest additions cook for 5 minutes. Don’t let this dry completely as we need some of the moisture. This part is ready.
The grated potatoes have already been seasoned, so, they are ready to be fried.
In a d hot frying pan with a spray of oil, place a small amount of the grated potatoes, flatten with a spatula and let fry for 2 minutes each side. (See picture)Repeat until all has been fried.
You are not a racing track… so take your time relax and enjoy the cooking… then enjoy the eating. Watch your weight though.